Assistance & Relief

Overseeing those with financial needs and distributing relief is the primary duty of a trustee in many Indiana townships. The trustee is charged to care for those experiencing financial stress by the most economical means available and at the same time is charged to be sure that the necessary needs of an individual or family are met. The applicant must show that they are unable to provide those needs through personal effort and that they have exhausted all other means.
Many trustees creatively cooperate with other agencies and churches in their areas, keeping costs controlled and delivering services needed. The advantage the Trustee’s systems has over other forms of welfare is the freedom to discern whether or not an individual has and is willing to put forth that personal effort to help themselves. (Indiana Code Title 12)

Services We Provide


Rent and Mortgage Assistance




Cremations and

fence icon


grave stoen icon



Emergency Homelessness

For All Assistance Applications You Must Provide

  1. Application filled out completely
  2. Indiana picture I.D.
  3. Proof of income for the past 30 days (Notice of Benefits, Social Security Award Letter, Bank Statement, Child Support documentation if applicable)
  4. Copy of your Lease or mortgage
    1.  If requesting assistance with utility bills- the bill must be at a disconnect status, in the applicants name
  5. If unemployed, you must be registered at the Work-One with a resume online and actively seeking employment. You will be required to provide documentation including contact information for the last 5 employment interviews. You will receive paperwork from Township Trustee’s Office for documenting the interviews. 
  6. Social Security cards for everyone in the household.
  7. Notice of benefits from FSSA